Thursday 1 January 2009

Benzir Bhutton wins UN Human Rights award

This is a old news now though, I read it recently here. First when I read, I was surprised. How can a person who is responsible for thousands or lacs of humans can be awarded with human rights award? I initially though its only India where people are given award posthumously wrongly, but no it is not the case with India. Even UN proved by announcing this award to Ms. Bhutto. She was the one who started massacre of Kashmiri Pandits by provoking local muslims, which has left over 60,000 dead in the area.

This is a paragraph from another news website "But at a press conference following the ceremony, Zardari had to defend his mother's human rights record during her two terms as Prime Minister from 1988-1990 and 1993-1996, during which time Amnesty International documented hundreds extra-judicial killings by government forces and the jailing of human right defenders, including journalists."

After all I am sure it is not only me who thought this was wrong or rather not justified.

No comments: